Built in 1944 as a German patrol boat, it owes its hull lines to an even earlier construction, namely the Danish pilot's schooner, known for its excellent maritime properties.
Purchased by Panstwowe Centrum Wychowania Morskiego, it was finished as a gaff fishing ketch (234 m2 sail area, 6.40m wide, 3.30m draft, 70 BRT, auxiliary engine 135 hp). She was a school ship of Szkoly Rybolowstwa Morskiego, fished on the Baltic Sea and the North Sea. The crew was then 9 people plus 14 trainees. In 1967 it was transferred to Liga Obrony Kraju in Jastarnia, and three years later it was transferred to the PZZ center in Trzebieza. In 1976 it was withdrawn from operation due to its poor technical condition.
The funds, necessary to carry out a major overhaul, were not available until 1984. In 1986, Henryk Rutkowski returned to the sea after a thorough reconstruction carried out by the PPiUR "Szkuner" Rybacka Repair Yard in Wladyslawowo. As a result of the reconstruction a completely different, new sailing ship was created, only the main structure and a part of the sheathing remained from the old one. The equipment of the vessel was changed and transformed into a brigantine.
Sailing ship's debut in the Cutty Sark Regatta took place in 1989, where it came to Pool near London, and then took part in the regatta on the London-Hamburg route. [...]. In 1995 the name of the ship was changed to Kaptain Glowacki.
Source: "Zaglowce świata".